 Robotics / RCX / 811
Re: RCX: Loose Assembly?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 17:17:25 GMT

Kevin Wagner wrote:

Howdy,
        I purchased the RIS for the first time on Saturday, Yeah!
        When I pick up the RCX, out of the box, the green back cover
fell away from the unit. I'm so happy to find that that is where the
batteries go!
        But I'm seeing this kind of thing all over the RCX. The battery
cover is loose, requiring little pressure or shock to remove it. The
individual I/O connectors do not fit tightly in the housing -- there is
noticeable play when connecting or disconnecting wires.
        Q: Is this consistent with other peoples' experiences? Is there
a reason for this 'loose assembly'?

Kevin

Oh oh. Sounds like a fault. You'd better phone LEGO and get it replaced.
Otherwise you'll be unhappy for life. NONE of mine do anything like that.
They are, and pardon the pun, built like a brick.

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html
Dean's Lego Workshop: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_wr.html