 Robotics / RCX / 782
RE: USB / x86 open sys based RCX replacement??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 14:19:00 GMT

I think what you're looking for is the MIT handy board.  Take a look at
http://el.www.media.mit.edu/groups/el/Projects/handy-board/
This is a 68HC11 Micro controller with expansion boards, servo outputs,
digital outputs, lot's of neat stuff.  An assembled and tested handy board
is about $299.  There is a mailing list similar to this one for support and
questions.

Jeffrey Hazen
North Mill Technology
jeffrey.hazen@northmill.net

-----Original Message-----
From: John Galloway [SMTP:jrg@dbengines.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 08, 2000 8:59 PM
To: lugnet.robotics.rcx@lugnet.com
Subject: USB /  x86 open sys based RCX replacement??

After playing with my legos, RCX, NQC, stuff for awhile, I find a more
powerful RCX with proviions for more inputs and outputs and lots more
memory, CPU power, options, and interconnections, seems like it would
be desireable.  A very common reaction I think (but maybe I am all wet
here).

SNIP the rest of message