 Robotics / RCX / 764
    Re: Dropping your RCX on the floor... —Kekoa Proudfoot
   (...) Loss of firmware... perhaps the batteries temporarily lost their connection when you dropped the RCX? Was the RCX on at the time? -Kekoa (24 years ago, 6-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: Dropping your RCX on the floor... —Tobias Möller
   Yes, it was on, and when I picked it up, it was turned off. I thought "No! It's broken!" but you could turn it on, and the firmware was gone. But doesn't the batteries need to be disconnected for like a minute for the firmware to be erased from (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: Dropping your RCX on the floor... —James Pritchard
   Not if was on when that battery disconnects. I think the memory is powered through a capacitor or somthing like that, when the RCX if off the power to the memory is maintained even when batteries arn't in for a few minuets because of the small (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)