 Robotics / RCX / 751
  RE: Sharp GP2D05 Infrared Ranger and the RCX

(...) Ralf, If I remember correctly, these sensors draw about 30 mA, which is the limit for a powered sensor for the RCX. You may need to add an additional battery to supply the current.... Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng ---...--- Check out pbFORTH (...) (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Sharp GP2D05 Infrared Ranger and the RCX

Ooh, you're right. This seems to be too much for battery powered models. Has anybody a better idea? I want to have a sensor with gives a linear (?) signal corresponding to a distance. For an 1-bit boolean signal I saw a plan in elektor 9/2000 (...) (24 years ago, 3-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)