 Robotics / RCX / 679
678  |  680
Subject:
Vision Command
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 02:41:54 GMT

I just picked up a copy of the Vision Command today and boy is it cool !  I
found it toady in my local Target along with the $49.95 mos espa pod race
special :-)  The little web cam is way cool. it takes great pictures, better
than my other web cam.  if you have the robotics invention system the software
downloads the rcx firmware version 2 and comes with a neat little program so
you can turn on and off the motors or play a bunch of cool sounds or take
pictures when it senses light, motion or colors in various preprogrammed
regions of the picture.  there are apprx. 20  different vision patterns you
can program against.  the usb cable that comes with looks pretty heavy duty.
it comes with around 140 pieces to build a camera stand with.  I just started
to get my feet wet with it, the software appeard to put some MindScript files
on my hard drives.  i can't wait to play with it and see what the programmers
can come up with !

John