 Robotics / RCX / 609
Re: RIS 1.0 vs. RIS 1.5 (v. 2.0?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 22:09:42 GMT

For the most part, the differences are in documentation and
additional/different pieces, not the RCX hardware itself or the software. The
one hardware difference is the lack of an external adapter plug in 1.5 (so,
lots more batteries) and I believe there are mild cosmetic changes to TLG
supplied software. All code (including RCX Code, NQC, legOS, and pbForth)
should be completely compatible between 1.0 and 1.5. I'm not sure how true this
will be for version 2.0- can anyone who has played with their beta software
speak to that?
Luis

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Nils Oberg writes:
Hello,

Can anyone tell me the difference between version 1.0 and 1.5 of the RIS? Can
I still use legOS (or pbForth for that matter) on the RCX?

Thanks,

Nils