 Robotics / RCX / 603
  serial number

There is a serial number printed on the RCX. Is it possible to access that serial number through the hardware, or is it only printed on the outside? Torkel (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: serial number

As far as I know, there is no way to access it. Why? If you intend to use it for unique identification for networking purposes, you can go into the config files in legOS and change the network address there... Luis (...) ---...--- "Going to (...) (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: serial number

Well, the purpose would be that it would save me the trouble of recompiling the kernel every time I have to download to a new RCX. I might end up with as much as 8 of them. Other than that, I was just curios. Torkel Luis Villa <liv@duke.edu> wrote (...) (24 years ago, 31-May-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)