 Robotics / RCX / 582
Re: Web based control
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 8 May 2000 17:58:38 GMT

Chris wrote:

I apologize if this question has been asked and answered, but searching
through this group did not provide a solid answer.

Can this be done.. I have a linux box running as a webserver. I would like to
plug the IR unit to the serial port and be able to control the RCX from a CGI
program. I was looking at the RCX perl module, but would like to use NQC for
RCX control and programing. Is there any way of doing this.

Essentially remote control of the RCX from a website. The goal would be to
have a robot arm that could be controled from anywhere over the internet,
using a custom little web interface and a webcam to view the action.

Any ideas, or sugestions on where to start with the control part of this.

Thanks a bunch

Chris

There are a few of us working on the best solution.

Maybe we can all get together and pool our resources.

I'll ask Todd to create an WEB Control news group.

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html
Dean's Lego Workshop: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_wr.html