 Robotics / RCX / 501
Re: Alternative to batteries?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 13:16:22 GMT

There are two different versions of the RCX. Unfortunately, they are both
labeled "RCX 1.0". The one that comes with the Robotics Invention System 1.0 has
a power adapter input and the one that comes with RIS 1.5 does not.

It is possible to use alligator clips and other parts to make your own adapter
for a power supply jack. I haven't done this or seen any information about
someone having done this. This option would use a different power adapter (DC)
than you would use with the original RCX (AC - although it will supposedly work
with DC, Lego sells an AC one).

It is possible to damage your RCX, so proceed with caution.

Dennis

Josh Burley wrote:

Anyone know what I can use instead of batteries for my RCX? Some sort of AC
Adapter? I saw mention of something like this here, but, couldn't figure out
how it could be set up.

Thanks!
.josh
.jburley@kuci.org

--
Dennis Williamson - Certified Y2K Complacent

Bad News: The next millenium starts on a Monday.
Good News: You get the day off.

(remove .NO and SPAM. to reply)