 Robotics / RCX / 450
449  |  451
Subject:
rcx 1.0 and an ac adaptor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 22:03:09 GMT

I have an rcx 1.0 and a universal adaptor (the kind with the different
plug sizes and voltage settings).  Two questions:

(1) Do i have to worry about polarity?  I found the right size
adaptor, plugged it in, and it worked fine.  Did i get lucky or is
polarity not an issue?

(2) Can i plug the rcx in with the batteries in it
(non-rechargeables)?  I want to be able to unplug the rcx, move it
around the house, and not lose the programs inside.  Im guess if the
batteries get removed and there is no power supplied, the memory gets
erased.  So for now, im popping the batteries in and out, depending on
when i need to move the rcx.  Can i just leave the batteries in all
the time, even when i have the rcx plugged into the wall?

thanks in advance,
jeff