 Robotics / RCX / 2943
Re: advice on what Mindstorms book(s) I should consider buying
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2008 13:31:45 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
I own a RIS 2.0 and an Ultimate Accessory Kit (with the remote control)
along with a large collection of technic (such as 8448, 8466, 8431 and
more) and would like recommendations from people here as to books that
would be good to buy to expand my Mindstorms horizons. Note that the books
have to be books that are available from amazon.com

Hi Jonathan,

If you're looking for a great introduction to RIS 2.0 and would like some
building instructions, I recommend "Definitive Guide to LEGO MINDSTORMS, Second
Edition" by Dave Baum.

If you're looking for tons of interesting ides but not necessarily building
instructions, I recommend "Building Robots with LEGO MINDSTORMS" by Mario and
Giulio Ferrari.

Hope this helps,

- David J. Perdue

www.davidjperdue.com