 Robotics / RCX / 2883
Re: problem with the RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2007 02:36:05 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Elizabeth Mabrey wrote:

In the midst of running a RCX, the case not only gets very hot, but
also has a very strong plastic burning smell... Any recommendation?

Is the RCX still working? Does it "get hot" when it's running an unloaded motor?
I would have thought that the 500 mA limit within the RCX case would prevent
this, but perhaps it's marginal for some plastic piece "nearby". If the RCX is
dead, well... just for the heck of it, I'd open it up to look for specific
scortch-marks within the case, but I'm not sure there's anything user-repairable
at that point.

--
Brian Davis