 Robotics / RCX / 2866
2865  |  2867
Subject:
Alternate firmware upload from MacOSX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2007 17:46:34 GMT

Hi all,

We're trying to wrap up our alternative runtime for the RCX (first), and soon
the NXT.

I am struggling, however, to upload our firmware from the Mac using a USB tower.
I can upload using a serial or USB tower from both Windows and Linux... but from
my MacBook, I'm out of luck.

I've posted a firmware here:

http://www.jadud.com/people/mcj/files/lego.kent.srec

If this works, it should bring up a firmware with a little running guy.
Technically, the firmware is then waiting for *another* firmdl upload of
*another* SREC. However, that SREC needs to be a valid bytecode file for our VM,
which you could generate... but I'd hold off for another few days.

The challenge/problem is finding a tool that will upload our srec from a Mac. We
believe the srec to be a "good" file, as it was generated by the H8 cross
compiler under Linux, and we've had no problems uploading it from either Windows
or Linux using firmdl3.

If you have a tool/know of a tool that can solve this problem, and can tell me
how to reproduce that success, I will love and adore you greatly for a long
time. That, and you'll get an immortal acknowledgment in the Transterpreter
project archives... and if that isn't worth millions, I don't know what is. :)

Many thanks,
Matt