 Robotics / RCX / 2569
Re: sub programs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 10:57:20 GMT

"Elizabeth Mabrey" <emabrey@storming-robots.com> wrote in message
Ok...  I figured that out how to make sub-vi have that linked inside a
vi.

I understand the maximum of subroutines is 8 in RCX 1.0
firmware.  What about RCX 2.0?

Both RCX 1.0 and 2.0 use the same firmware which supports 40 total
subroutines. Subroutines are dedicated to the five program slots so that
there are 8 subroutines per program slot.

The replacement firmware still has 40 total subroutines. However, it
frees up the fixed assignment so that individual program slots have
access to 40 subroutines. While Robolab developers at Tufts are working
feverishly on support for enhanced firmware this is not an area that I
have discussed with them so I don't know their plans in this area.

Lego supplied firmware does not support nested subroutine usage.
Enhanced firmware does. Don't know if this is of interest to you.