 Robotics / RCX / 2513
  Re: Add motor driver to RCX

(...) John Barnes (HiTechnic) has available a motor amplifier which draws it's power from an external source, and can control 4 motors from 1 RCX ouptut. I haven't tried one, but you might find it helpful: (URL) (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Add motor driver to RCX

(...) 1) I'm not sure these are currently available 2) They only give you independent control of two motors per RCX output (but you can connect motors together) 3) They won't work with the 8366 motors (they were designed before those were available) (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Add motor driver to RCX

(...) The amplifiers definitely won't work. I am bringing a demo 'bot to BrickFest which uses the buggy motors with an RCX. The RCX actually drives regular technic gear motors which drive a cam shaft which operates the buttons on the 9v (6 x AA) (...) (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Add motor driver to RCX

(...) I've drawn a circuit to control more powerful motors (sadly in Visio format at the moment, though I my convert to jpeg later to post it). Since the H-bridges have flywheel diodes across the transistors, this will short the motor when the (...) (20 years ago, 5-Aug-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)