 Robotics / RCX / 239
238  |  240
Subject:
Ultimate Resume Item
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 00:52:23 GMT

Robot Builder Intern Position Available

Firstly, my apologies for posting a job advert in this group. Gentle
redirection to a more appropriate newsgroup is welcome.

We are a 250-person company with a very successful product which
integrates many enterprise applications. We have COM integration and I
have created a robot tank which follows the black oval, controlled by
our product, using the Visual Basic spirit.ocx. This is direct control
of the RCX using the IR transmitter, not by downloading a program to
it. It even does a little dance when our stock goes up!

We are looking for an intern local to Sunnyvale, California to
construct a reception-area robot to demonstrate our product in an
eye-catching manner and versions of it for trade-shows and
exhibitions. Start date is asap. Duration is 8 weeks over 4 months.
Key dates are the end of Q499 and the end of Q100. We will pay a good
intern rate.

Required Skills
1. Visual Basic application development.
2. Mindstorms/Technical Lego creation experience.
3. Good communications skills, familiar with PowerPoint for creating
clear presentations for exhibitions.
4. Familiarity with Windows NT as a user platform.

Desired Skills
1. Creative ability, with a vision for demonstrations with impact.

Please submit resumes directly to me. Remember that we are looking for
Bay Area candidates only. I will send further details to
suitable candidates. However, I may well be unable to respond to
candidates who are not chosen. Pictures of your RCX creations will
help greatly.

~Matt
doar@pobox.com