 Robotics / RCX / 2301
2300  |  2302
Subject:
RCX low battery indicator problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 22:37:24 GMT

This is my first venture into lugnet.robotics, so excuse me if this has been
asked and answered before.

I've bought an RIS 1.5 form EBay for my son for Cristmas. The RCX received seems
to have a problem with the low battery indicator - it comes on with brand new
batteries, but can successfully run the built-in programs. When we download the
firmware, it refuses to stay active - presumably the firmware is detecting and
reacting to the false indicator. If we unload the firmware, it still runs the
builtin programs.
Right now I'm using brickos and all is fine but my son is only 10 and I can't
teach him C or C++. I wonder if any of you have a solution for this (in order to
run the original LEGO firmware). On what pin/signal of the Hitachi processor is
the battery sensor ? Is there any variant of the LEGO firmware with the battery
sensor deactivated?
Has anyone else experienced and/or resolved this? Any sugestions?

Thank you,
Octavian Vararu