 Robotics / RCX / 2273
Re: Motors on Sensor ports
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 18:18:34 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
One thing you will find, is that you can't drive the motor backwards.  Well, it
won't go one direction.
Yeah... I wonder if that's a hardware limitation...

Actually, that's just if you hook it to a motor port, AND a sensor port.
Well, that defeats the purpose... and I'm almost positive that powering a sensor
port with 9v is a bad idea.

I don't know how bad it is, but I expect the RCX is designed to handle it.
I dunno. Is it possible (I'm still in gr12 physics) that a circuit designed to
drop the voltage could be sensitive to having a much greater draw on it like
that? After all, the intended load on the active sensor ports is an LED.