 Robotics / RCX / 2140
  USB/Serial Converter

Hi, folks. I've tried to connect to my RCX 1.0 (firmware 0328) from my laptop. Since I have only a serial IR tower, it works fine on my desktop PC, but communications won't work when I use a USB/serial converter to connect it to my laptop (there (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: USB/Serial Converter

Somewhere on the LEGO site it says that Serial > USB is not compatable -- If you must, why not just buy a USB IR tower from PITSCO LEGODacta for $30? If you have the SDK 2.5, or even the SDK 2.0, it comes with the driver for the USB tower (in the (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)