 Robotics / RCX / 2123
Re: All Lego Ack Circuit for LDCC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 19:30:28 GMT

It's basicly made of a touch sensor and a couple wires.  The
blue 1x2 brick keeps the touch sensor depressed.  There's an
internal resistor in the touch sensor of about 500 ohms and this
does the job handily. (Note: I'm not sure if the other touch
sensors Lego makes have an internal resistor, you should
check the resistance if you plan to use one of them).

All touch sensors I measured have a "pressed" resistance between 400 and 600
ohms (depends on touch sensors and on pressure, more pressure meaning lower
resistance).
Actually there is no separated resistor, you get the internal resistance of the
conductive rubber that closes contact.

Note also that Cybermaster touch sensor also has integral "released" resistors,
10K, 12K or 15K according to switch button color (see
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/879)

Philo
www.philohome.com