 Robotics / RCX / 2063
Re: RCX packet format
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 19 May 2003 17:27:03 GMT

Michael,

It depends on what type of software you are running on the PC.
If you are talking directly to the serial port (or USB port) on the
PC side, then you don't need to adhere to any specific packet
type, you can invent your own (if that's what you want to do).
Or, you can use the RCX or LNP packet formats.  It's up to you.

Perhaps you can describe what the PC side will be doing so
it would be easier to give a more specific response.

Mark

"Michael Franklin Bosu" <mfbosu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
Hi,

When u want to send message from the RCX for instance to a PC, what is the
sequence of bytes do u follow. For example if u are sending from a remote
control/PC to the RCX, I know u send something like this:

0x55
0xff
0x00

and u follow each data with its two's complement, for instance if u want • to
send a the data 4, it will also be followed by its two's complement, then • u
have the checksums and then its two's complement.

Can  somebody help me out when it is the other way round and u are • transmitting
data, lets say 4 from the RCX to the PC. What is the format I should used • to
represent this.

Thank you.
Michael mfbosu@yahoo.com