 Robotics / RCX / 2027
Re: Ideas!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Fri, 2 May 2003 07:30:21 GMT

"Steven" <mnb93@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HE8w5L.LF5@lugnet.com...
I need to know what you want it to do.

For my "pullback" car:

1. Wait until pushed in either direction (for simplifying use only one
direction).
2. Count how far it is been pushed with the rotation sensor.
3. When released (rotation sensor stopped for 2 seconds)
4. Start engine and travel back same tistance as pushed. (in opposite
direction of pushed)
5. Stop when back at starting point..

Sounds easy, but I was not abel to make the program :(
I can see that the program have to store some variables (readout from
rotation sensor) and compare that with a previous stored value. But I dont
know how to do that when the time have to be considered too. Have to wait
for 2 seconds and see if there has been some diffrence in the sensor value
in that period and at the same time count how far the sensor has gone.

You have to consider that the sensor is attached directly to the wheels.
Has the rotation sensor readout a max value? What if I push it further then
the max value of the sensor readout?

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes

---