 Robotics / RCX / 1973
1972  |  1974
Subject:
Program for a "pullback motor car"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2003 20:39:16 GMT

Hello,

I was too sure that I could manage to program this small and simple robot in
Mindstorm 2.0, but have to stop it beacuse it got too complicated.

Now I'm reading "Learn yourself C in 21 days" and the "NQC guide" and "NQC
Tutorial", hope I can manage to make something in that program.

Have anybody else tried to make a program for this type of robot?
It contains only one motor and one rotationsensor, a frame with four wheels
and the RCX.

Some pictures of it and building instructions can be found at:

The idea was that you could push this car in one direction, release it and
then the RCX has measured the travel by the rotation sensor (and direction)
and will start the engine and move the car back to its origin.

It sounds simple but was not so simple for me with my limited programing
skills to do.

You can do it more advanced after that;
put some steering on the car and a sensor on the steering as well. Then you
can pull the car trough a maze and it will go back the exact route when
released.

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Phoenix