 Robotics / RCX / 1898
1897  |  1899
Subject:
IR-Tower with a PowerBook G3 M3553 (Kanga)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 23:21:53 GMT

A question from germany (sorry for my bad english).

Is anybody out there, who connected the IR tower with the FIRST PowerBook G3
(little colored apple logo, built in 1997, family number M3553, us-nickname
KANGA, 250 MHz)?
This PowerBook has only one serial port for printer or modem.

My problem (with ROBOLAB 2.0.1 on system Mac OS 8.6): After pushing the
administrator-button "download firmware" or  "test rcx communication" the
green light of the IR tower will shine, but there is NO RESPONSE from the rcx.

The same lego hardware is working well in comination with an old PowerPC
(also Mac OS 8.6) with two serail ports in my company.

Why does it not work with my PowerBook G3, built in 1997?
Did anyone tried out the same combination with success?

Christoph Damm
fam-damm@t-online.de