 Robotics / RCX / 1790
Re: RCX bell like sound
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 23:18:21 GMT

"Michel Magnan" <m_magnan@cablerocket.com> wrote in message
news:H2n7G8.Azo@lugnet.com...
Hello,

Is there a way to make the RCX make the sound of ringing bell, such as • heard
at a level train crossing?

If you could point me in the right direction, that would be appreciated.

Thanks

I tried that too. You'll NEVER hear it in a show. NEVER. Your best bet is to
use the last motor port for a small bell. You can either use a motor with a
wacker on the bell or better yet get one of them electric bells where all
you do is turn on and off the power to make it ding. Put it under the table
and make sure it's loud. Of course, you can tie it into the lights as it
should ding while the lights are on.

Hope that helps

Dean