 Robotics / RCX / 1778
  Re: Continous operation

Hi! I'd also like the RCX brick can operate continuously, but it'd automatically power-off after certain period of time, how to overcome this default setting for the RCX brick and make the RCX brick operate continuously until I switch it off (...) (22 years ago, 6-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Continous operation

(...) Use software to set the "power off timer" to 0 minutes. (...) No problem: mine has been running continuously (on a 9V, 1A powersupply) for 8 months now. It gets a little warm, but nothing serious. (...) See above... Greetz, Remko (22 years ago, 6-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Continous operation

(...) SNIP (...) Thanks for the help. Sounds like the RCX works great for long periods of time. Andreas (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Continous operation

(...) Not only that: it also allows for a lot of freedom in creating your own sensors and devices! I love that Mindstorms stuff! Remko "Gosh, I gotta get a life!" ;) (22 years ago, 9-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Continous operation

(...) Hi Remko, So what has your RCX been doing all this time?? Just curious, ;-) Roger (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)