 Robotics / RCX / 1752
    Sensor port cross talk —Roger Glassey
   A light sensor connected to port 2 can cause on output from port 1. To see this (if you are using lejos), download the View object and hook up a light sensor to port 2. On my RCX, the port 1 raw values fluctuate between about 1010 and 1019. A (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: Sensor port cross talk —John Barnes
     This is certainly a known defect in the input circuitry in the RCX. I know nothing about other kernels apart from the standard Lego one (via NQC) but the results of my examining the problem indicated that the ports are scanned in reverse order, 3 - (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

         Re: Sensor port cross talk —Paul Andrews
     (...) Yes. I avoid using raw mode whenever possible because of the background fluctuations I see in sensor values. These could quite easily swamp the VM making the robot appear unresponsive. Whereever possible I use percentage values if I need (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

        RE: Sensor port cross talk —Ralph Hempel
   (...) If you've ever worked with multi-port A/D converters on a micro, and scanned all of the inputs you've been bitten by this one. It's caused by two things, parasitic capacitance on the chip itself and leakage between the lines going to the A/D (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx)