 Robotics / RCX / 1737
Re: [ANN] pbForth Version 2.1.5 Release and IR Data Tutorial
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 9 Jul 2002 02:26:23 GMT

Hi Ralph,

I don't know if you remember, but I had problems with SAVE-SYSTEM (see msg#
508)... until now!

Just to let you know, with pbForth V2.1.5 and (more likely) GUI V2.1.3, it
works fine!

Thanks

Mario

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Ralph Hempel writes:
The new 2.1.5 Version of pbForth has a minor fix that affected
programmers using the MARKER and LEAVE words. Thanks to
Alexander Cech of Austria for supplying great bug reports!

I recommend you get the new 2.1.3 GUI while you're at it because
it fixes a couple of issues when it can't open ports.

Here's where to get the new files:

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbForth/download.htm>

This week, I've added a new tutorial on reading and writing
arbitrary data using the IR port. If you make it to the end
of the tutorial there's a dead-easy script to emit codes like
those used by the LEGO remote. I'll let you figure out why
that might be useful :-)

See the new tutorial at:

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbForth/scripts/howtoIRData.html>

Remember to send me an email if you are using pbForth in schools or
if you have a website with some interesting 'bots programmed with
pbForth! I'll also take suggestions for tutorials.

Please give it a try and note any installation problems.
Report any problems to the robotics.rcx.pbforth group
at <http://www.lugnet.com> or send me an email.

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

Buy "Extreme Mindstorms: an Advanced Guide to Lego Mindstorms"
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1893115844/hempeldesigngrou>