 Robotics / RCX / 1727
1726  |  1728
Subject:
make a mindstorms robot as telerobot!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 2 Jul 2002 15:55:44 GMT

Hello, everyone!

It's my first time to send a message here! I've a project which requires
me to make a mindstorms robot as telerobot. I'd like to use Java as core
control programming language! So far, I just know there're several kinds
of communication means for mindstorms robot:
i) LEGOS
ii) leJOS
iii) RCXJavaAPI
iv) RCXPortAPI
v) NQC ......

I'd like to perfer leJOS as I've got the book "Core lego mindstorms
programming" and it gave me an impression that leJOS is much flexible
and powerful to use. But here, I'd like to ask is it ok to implement
telerobot just using leJOS only without the need to using any RCXPortAPI
or RCXJavaAPI etc. (of course, regardless of the application of
applet/servlet in web comm. arch.). I hope you guys will not get
confused to my question and hope someone who has been developing
telerbot using mindstorms robot (of course, anyone is definitely
welcome) can share some experiences / information from the web with me!

Thanks in advance!

Best Rgds,

Laurence