 Robotics / RCX / 1689
1688  |  1690
Subject:
[ANN] pbForth Version 2.1.4 Release and Music Tutorial
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Sat, 25 May 2002 22:17:11 GMT

The new 2.1.4 Version of pbForth has a minor fix that affected
programmers using the MARKER word. I recommend you get the new
2.1.2 GUI while you're at it because it is less agressive in
stripping comments when uploading scripts. This was causing some
problems for certain cases with the comment character embedded
in words.

Here's where to get the new files:

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbForth/download.htm>

This week, I've added a new tutorial on playing music on the
RCX. Near the end of the article, there's a description of
how to hook into the 1 msec timer tick of the RCX - it's
a perfect way to make a simple multi-tasker!

Thanks go out to Guido Truffelli of the Italian LEGO Users
Group for providing the motivation and sample data for the
song player.

See the new tutorial at:

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbForth/scripts/howtoRCXMusic.html>

Remember to send me an email if you are using pbForth in schools or
if you have a website with some interesting 'bots programmed with
pbForth! I'll also take suggestions for tutorials. All Guido had
to do was ask!

Please give it a try and note any installation problems.
Report any problems to the robotics.rcx.pbforth group
at <http://www.lugnet.com> or send me an email.

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

Buy "Extreme Mindstorms: an Advanced Guide to Lego Mindstorms"
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1893115844/hempeldesigngrou>