 Robotics / RCX / 1670
1669  |  1671
Subject:
[ANN] pbForth Version 2.1.2 Release with Example Scripts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 15:22:36 GMT

The new 2.1.2 Version of pbForth has support for background
processing and saving your work as an SREC file that you
can load agin like regular firmware.

This means you no longer have to load the base pbForth firmware
and then load all the text scripts on top. You just save your
working system as its own firmware! Super feature if you're involved
in code-only competition and need to email a firmware file.

Here's where to get the new files:

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbForth/download.htm>

The pbForth website has also been updated with articles describing
how to use SAVE-SYSTEM and the new background handler:

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbForth/scripts/index.html>

Please give it a try and note any installation problems.
Report any problems to the robotics.rcx.pbforth group
at <http://www.lugnet.com> or send me an email.

If you've read this far, I have a special surprise coming in a week or two.
One of my readers has contributed an H8/300 Assembler written in Forth!
This means that you can write your own assembler words and try
them on the brick The assembler actually fits ON the brick. If you REALLY
need this feature sooner, email me and I'll be more motivated to get it ready
for release!

Cheers,

Ralph