 Robotics / RCX / 1649
1648  |  1650
Subject:
pbForth and USB Tower
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 15:04:41 GMT

Just a quick note to ask how many people
are waiting on USB support for the pbForth language.

I got a USB tower a couple of weeks ago and just got it
working with my uploader/console last night.

It uses ODD parity, so the next pbForth release will
as well - which is a change for everyone using a terminal
emulator.

The new USB tower is FANTASTIC. It's always on and you don't
get the garbled nonsense when you start typing like with
the old serial tower.

Basically, it's dead reliable.

I'm also in the middle of switching hosts, so the update
will be a few days, but I'm getting pretty excited about
the project again!

Cheers, Ralph

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbForth>

Buy "Extreme Mindstorms: an Advanced Guide to Lego Mindstorms"
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1893115844/hempeldesigngrou>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com