 Robotics / RCX / 153
RE: Mazes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sun, 3 Oct 1999 21:38:33 GMT

Does anyone know anything about the RCX being used to solve maze
problems? I am
doing this for a school project, and I wanted to know if there is any
information out there about it.

Yes, and that's all I'm saying until Mindfest. Right....

Some time ago, I responded to a maze thread and suggested inverting the
problem to make a maze walker that worked on a simple sheet of paper.

I have now built a gantry system to suspend a light sensor over a piece
of paper and traverse the paper. It can walk the maze easily, but now
I'm adding code to support a best (or at least not worst) path through the
maze. It's easy (relatively) to make a maze walker. Its harder to make
one that runs a maze once and then choses the easiest path the next time.
Please be patient...as I get more of it working, I'll be posting
pics and code (in pbFORTH of course) on my site. The best news is
that I only used parts from a standard RIS package (except that I
also used two rotation sensors and two micromotors...and I consider
these parts essesntial and easily available through service packs.

Check my sigline for the URL to pbFORTH, and check this group for
updates between now and the last week of October...

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com