 Robotics / RCX / 1414
Re: Sending ir packets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 17:08:50 GMT

Seanna or Steve or Trevyn or Nicholas wrote:

I am writing a program, and it doesnt work. Right now im just trying to
make sure I can interface with the serial port properly. So I am sending:

55 ff 00 51 ae 03 fc 54 ab

At 2400 baud, 8 data bits, odd parity, and one stop bit.

It doesnt work. The light on the ir tower turns on, but the rcx does
nothing.

When i run "nqc -raw 5103" it works just fine, so its not the rcx or the
tower.

So, my questions are:
1. Is that packet malformed?
2. How does one calculate the checksum?