 Robotics / RCX / 1251
  Re: IR Tower Use

(...) This isn't true at all. The tower converts an RS-232 serial transmission directly into IR and vice-versa. It is a pretty standard protocol. -Kekoa (23 years ago, 26-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: IR Tower Use

(...) Ooops, sorry. I didn't really mean proprietary -- I meant "not normal for remote controls". (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: IR Tower Use

(...) nod, but that made me think if we can use the IrComm package, and use a laptop's ir port to communicate with the rcx - didn't get a chance to try it yet - did anyone? Dan (23 years ago, 29-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: IR Tower Use

(...) The only IrCOMM I know of is part of the IrDA standard. It provides something that looks just like a typical serial port to the application, but underneath is layered on top of IrLAP (packet based link level prototocol for IrDA). This means (...) (23 years ago, 30-May-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.off-topic.geek)