 Robotics / RCX / 1208
RE: H8/300 Assembler/C interface
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 16:07:25 GMT

Kekoa wrote:

One more question, are the other registers r3,r4,r5,r6 considered
volatile across a function call in GCC?

By the caller?  No.  They are callee-save.

Ahhh, that makes it awkward with the RCX ROM calls, but I'm pretty
sure I can make my assembler source compatible with this.

I'm just getting ready to release an assembler RCX serial library
that is either polled or interrupt driven. Any interest from
others?

Cheers, Ralph