 Robotics / RCX / 1109
  Robot navigation - barcode stations?

Hi, Some time ago, on this or another robotics list, someone was talking about navigation and location sensing techniques for RCX based robots. After some thinking, reading through the literature and messing with some homebrew sensors I have one (...) (24 years ago, 10-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Robot navigation - barcode stations?

(...) Actually, if you are trying this, be aware that LEDs are typically mounted on a panel that faces the user (more or less) and as such the rounded housing of most LEDs acts as a lens which projects most of the light out toward the user rather (...) (24 years ago, 11-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Robot navigation - barcode stations?

I think it's an excellent idea... I saw the barcode system being explained some years ago and I still think it can be the most accurate. One thing that's different in the system I saw was that there were no LED's used (not needed...) and it would (...) (24 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)