 Robotics / RCX / *8355 (-100)
  Re: Does RIS2.0 set use the fiber optics cable?

"Luke W" <lwenke@dont_spam_me...tmail.com> wrote in message news:Hr03BI.1Bsz@lugnet.com... (...) Look right. I can't find any use for it in the instructions either. (...) of (...) In my RIS 2.0 set it is actually 25L (25 studs) long. What is the (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: The BrickOS Task Manager

(...) only as a side note: you shouldn't really do this. you are burning precious cpu-cycles here. it should look something like while(!(rowdone && coldone)) msleep(5); if you're in a hurry you can make smaller msleep's... (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Does RIS2.0 set use the fiber optics cable?

(...) USB tower is in the in the mindstorms ! And other functionnalities can be found ! Light transmission is something usefull in some way (...) Ask to LEGO :) nanobapt (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

"nanobapt" <nanobapt@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:3FF961FA.404050...adoo.fr... (...) set, (...) of (...) Hi, Thanks for that reply. If the fiber optics cable in the spybotics set have an identical length to the RIS2.0 one then it seems Peeron's (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Does RIS2.0 set use the fiber optics cable?

(...) There are some way of reponse : - It's include in several box of spybotic - Lego says : *WDoes the Micro Scout read IR transmissions?* The Micro Scout reads LIGHT transmissions rather than Infrared (IR) transmissions. (in (URL) page) So (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: The BrickOS Task Manager

in version 2.6.1 (I've just download it) extern tid_t execi(int (*code_start) (int, char **), int argc, char **argv, priority_t priority, size_t stack_size); declare in unistd.h ! So use the tid_t and not the pid_t ! (like say ROSCO) Does anyone (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RCX low battery indicator problem

(...) Try to put the firmware 2.0 into it ... You can download with the SDK2 (URL) in the 1.0 programmation should work into the 2.0 firmware. Or try to get the 2.0 CD Cause it's really better for programmation (more option are include) nanobapt (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: problems wirh installing driver for usb-tower under linux

Von: "Annedore Rößling" <u15780@hs-harz.de> Betreff: Re: problems wirh installing driver for usb-tower under linux Datum: Sonntag, 4. Januar 2004 13:25 (...) When I tried ./configure --with-linux-include...n/include/ confiure.in continued but (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Does RIS2.0 set use the fiber optics cable?

Hi, I'm putting together the parts for my RIS2.0 set in order to sell the set, but I can't find the fiber optics cable... I might have thrown it away by accident.... Anyway, I've looked on the CD and in the instructions and I can't seem to find the (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Events in robolab

(...) SNIP (...) Any concrete examples of why this code sequence works and that one doesn't would be very helpful and provide a base for new or less experienced students and teachers to build on. The examples need not deal with obscure commands (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, FTX)

  Re: New Robolab user saying hello!

(...) I use Win98 and for the Lego camera, all you need is Robolab. Don't know about XP. See Tufts CEEO for lots of image processing material including examples that use G-Code and LABVIEW-like structures that you will easily understand (and I will (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: The BrickOS Task Manager

(...) [snip] (...) Hi Mike, What version of BrickOS are you using? IIRC the correct type for thread IDs in the current version is tid_t, not pid_t. Also, I dunno if it was a typo, but you should include tm.h, not tm.c. HTH ROSCO (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: The BrickOS Task Manager

(...) Hmm... it doesn't seem to recognize pid_t as a valid type. I have a document of the functions in brickOS that indicates execi returning an int. Which is it? (...) Still confused... I'll post the poignant code: pid_t rowthread; pid_t colthread; (...) (21 years ago, 5-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RCX low battery indicator problem

This is my first venture into lugnet.robotics, so excuse me if this has been asked and answered before. I've bought an RIS 1.5 form EBay for my son for Cristmas. The RCX received seems to have a problem with the low battery indicator - it comes on (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Happy new year!!!

(...) RCX 1.0 (the default target for NQC) doesn't support variable frequencies. If you instruct NQC to generate code for RCX 2.0 (using the -Trcx2 option on the command line) then it should stop complaining. Of course, in order for the program to (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Lightsensor

(...) Keep in mind a "dynamics range" of 10 units is just fine, if the variation is normally only a couple units. In other words, you can reliably determine when you are seeing a light or dark surface. Making sure that the sensor is close (5 mm or (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Events in robolab

We can use my site to host a knowledge base for Robolab. I would be happy to help out. I was thinking of doing something similar for the students and teachers I teach anyway. My goal is to make up for some of documentation shortcomings with useful (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, FTX)

  New Robolab user saying hello!

Hello, I have recently purchased Robolab to use with my Mindstorms set. I am an electronics test development engineer for satellite payloads and write programs in Labview for the test systems. So I was interested in Robolab as soon as I found out (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Robolab and 3rd party camera

Well, I have Robolab 2.5.2 and a Dexxa webcam (Logitech Quickcam clone), and that works fine on Windows XP. I originally had problems getting the camera to work with my MOTHERBOARD as it has a VIA chipset and the USB drivers needed updating, but (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  motor repair

hi All, a happy new year to everyone ! My new year started with a broken motor, due to a fall on the ground :-( After cutting it totally open, I've managed to get it running again. For those who also have damaged motors and want to try to fix them, (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Lightsensor

(...) Hi Thomas facing the same problem since very few days (I'm also a nebie) it seems that this behaviour is 'normal'. However this is not satisfying at all because the sensors dynamic range is to low for reasonable applications. Is there someone (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Happy new year!!!

(...) thanks, at the same from me, (...) Maybe a stupid question, (haven't used NQC for a while), but can anyone tell me, why is my NQC compiler complaining that freq should be a constant ? thanks, Stef Mientki (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Happy new year!!!

It don't really simulate a firework but ... It's so cool :) nanobapt (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: The BrickOS Task Manager

(...) To make a thread with BrickOS (I use the 0.2.4, but I think that the method is the same !) You need to use the execi function : pid_t my_thread; ... (function other declaration int funct(int argc, char *argv[]) { // Function that the robot (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  The BrickOS Task Manager

Hi everyone, I was wondering if there's any documentation or example programs detailing how to use the task manager in BrickOS. The only example I have is the line-follow program that somehow uses tasks to 'wake up' when it detects a colour change. (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Happy new year!!!

Happy new year for everybody! I started making this program at 11:00 pm on December 31st. Incredibly, I could finish it for 12:00 to use it. It simulates fireworks sound using the RCX speaker. It uses lots of Random(n) calls to make the sound (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: New Version of pbForth with DCC Support Released

(...) Enough interest? How about this: I think there'd be a HUGE interest! What would it take to convince you? We have no DCC session on tap as of right now, (1) and this would go well in robotics AND trains!!! Please do come! 1 - we were angling (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: problems wirh installing driver for usb-tower under linux

(...) If you look into the configure script you can found this line : if ! test -f $KINC/linux/version.h ; then { echo "configure: error: no suitable configured kernel include tree found" 1>&2; exit 1; } fi So the test return 0 that indicate you (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  problems wirh installing driver for usb-tower under linux

Hello! I tried to install the driver for the usb-tower under SuSE linux 9.0 but configure failed with the message: no configured kernel include tree found. I installed the kernel sources and tried again, but the problem was still the same. I heard (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  New Version of pbForth with DCC Support Released

All, I've just finished updating the pbForth webiste with information on the latest version of pbForth that supports DCC. Yay! Yes, you can use Mark Riley's excellent train control firmware, but if you want to write code that starts and stops trains (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  New Version of pbForth with DCC Support Released

All, I've just finished updating the pbForth webiste with information on the latest version of pbForth that supports DCC. Yay! Yes, you can use Mark Riley's excellent train control firmware, but if you want to write code that starts and stops trains (...) (21 years ago, 3-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Linux help

Does anyone have the following precompiled binaries available for download for i386? firmdl3 dll I could really do with them, then I wouldn't need the gcc 2.95 compiler. Cheers, Ralph "Ralph Clark" <Ralph.Clark@ntlworld.com> wrote in message (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Sending a message from RCX to Spybotic

I'm working at a project where I need the ability to send a message from RCX (1.5) to a Spybotic. Do anyone know the Code for this? Andreas (21 years ago, 2-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Events in robolab

Hi, Bill, Thanks for the info, first of all. Regarding the pastedGraphic1.tiff, it was removed by my Mcaffee as a suspected unsafe unattachment. By any chance it may be downloadable from some web site? Thanks in advance! Regarding the new web site, (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Driver for Linux USB Tower

Try to read this page : (URL) contained a bug introduced in version 2.4.21 which will lock the kernel if used with legousbtower driver. Linux version 2.4.22-pre3 and above include the fix and are safe to use. usb-ohci was fixed in Linux version (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Driver for Linux USB Tower

(...) hi, I got some warnings when I tried to install the driver for the legousbtower again. Now I used the driver, which is provided by the lejos-software (I didn't download the driver from (URL) this time). Here are the warnings: # make cc (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Linux help

Are there any complete instructions for installing brickOS on Linux? The instructions in the FAQ are years out of date. I am very confused what I am meant to be doing. So far I have downloaded and installed these rpms: a.. (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: installing Robolab under Mac OS X

(...) Any official word on this? Or just rumor? I think that would make me break down and finally buy a copy instead of fiddling with the MindStorms Software in Virtual PC ... Greetings Horst (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Events in Robolab on Jerry's Web site

(...) Sorry for the typos and misdirection, and thanks, Bill, for the correction and support for my project. Go to www3.sympatico.ca/jdkalpin and navigate to the project 'LEGO Level'. Other projects use Robolab too. Jerry (21 years ago, 1-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  RE: Events in Robolab on Jerry's Web site

Hello all, One of the great things on Jerry site is "self-leveling sensor setup". It uses Robolab code, a HiTechnic EOPD sensor, and Lego parts. Really an amazing piece of Lego building and Robolab code writing. You should pay close attention to how (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jan-04, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Events in Robolab

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, Elizabeth Mabrey wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> Elizabeth, Robolab is not well documented because the price/volume combination would not pay for the kind of support it needs. What is needed, before anything else, is a (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Events in Robolab

M. Lichtenberg has just said what I have been looking for. I got the RIS or my 3 middle school boys last summer, I found it could be a great tool to cultivate the robotics knowledge among the middle schoolers or even elementary school children; (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: installing Robolab under Mac OS X

Hi John, repairing the privilegs is a very good idea ... for the first choice much better then mine. Your second idea .... also ... (...) ... but this ways does not run on newer Mac that do not boot on MacOS 9. Ralf Am 29.12.2003 20:33 Uhr schrieb (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Events in Robolab

(...) I use Robolab to teach middle schoolers about building and programming Lego robots. I like Robolab because the kids pick up on the icons very quickly and get a handle the basics of programming within a few class sessions. BUT I do not venture (...) (21 years ago, 31-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: random problems...

(...) I found out what my problem was. I didn't seed the random number. This seems to be REQUIRED. (21 years ago, 30-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: random problems...

(...) How do you know that it return 0 ? nanobapt (21 years ago, 29-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: installing Robolab under Mac OS X

<snippage> (...) try running the disk utility program found in the application/utilities folder and use it to repair the privilages on the disk. this may or may not help but I know I run into this problem when trying to install OS updates. If the (...) (21 years ago, 29-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  random problems...

I'm having a problem with the random() function in BrickOS. I keep getting a return value of zero. Is there something that needs to be set-up before using the function? What kind of value does it return? I've seen documentation that says it returns (...) (21 years ago, 29-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Maximum Subroutine numbers?

(...) Mmhhh... interesting! that could explain why I had some NQC programs using events that worked fine and some others that didn't... Experiments needed! Thanks Dick, Philo (21 years ago, 29-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Is there a bug database?

While I was dwelling on the fundamental interconnectedness of all (...) I'm running 2.5.3 already. Not aware of it being beta, though. (...) Too bad. A bug database would save lots of time duplicating efforts, and would also be a good educational (...) (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Events in Robolab

Thanks for the response. I've been to that web site before and looked through it for event-driven programming. There is very little event-driven programming there, and what there is doesn't use events very extensively or in a very complex way. (...) (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Maximum Subroutine numbers?

While I was dwelling on the fundamental interconnectedness of all things on Sun, 28 Dec 2003 16:52:00 GMT, "Dick Swan" <dickswan@sbcglobal.net> wrote: <snip> (...) It doesn't happen most of the time, so the conflict would have to have more (...) (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: What is "Stop Event Monitoring" for?

While I was dwelling on the fundamental interconnectedness of all (...) Thanks - that's what I thought - only necessary to cancel monitoring when an event has not happened. <snip> (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  RE: Events in Robolab

Don, Here is great site known for providing great examples of Robolab coding. (URL) will see several examples of event coding in this Web site. Bill -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...ugnet.com] On Behalf (...) (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  RE: Is there a bug database?

Don, Here is a link that hopefully will help you: (URL) contains the latest patch levels including the beta patch to Robolab 2.5.3 for the Mac and PC. There is not a public bug list. Part of the problem with a public bug list is the Robolab by Tufts (...) (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: What is "Stop Event Monitoring" for?

Don't know specifically about Robolab, but usage might be. "I want to monitor a bump sensor for the next 100 milliseconds for an event; if the event doesn't happen in this time, then stop monitoring for the event." One way to program this is define (...) (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Maximum Subroutine numbers?

I don't use Robolab, but I can offer some insight into how the RCX firwmare operates with subroutines (and events) that may partially explain your problems. RCX firmware supports 8 (eight) subroutines per slot. Internally they are numbers 0 to 7. (...) (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Is there a bug database?

Is there a bug database for Robolab? Unless it's the first perfect program ever written, there have to be bugs. Is there a procedure in place to report suspected bugs? Are they being cataloged, hopefully in a searchable database? (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Events in Robolab

After dozens of hours of experimentation, it is my conclusion that event-driven programming in Robolab is unreliable. Eventually, the RCX stops responding to events. This does not always happen at the same point in a given program, nor is it (...) (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Driver for Linux USB Tower

(For German version see below, please) English version: hi, I want to use lejos with Linux. I'm using the 2.4.20-4GB-athlon kernel. I downloaded the Lego usb Tower driver from (URL) I installed the driver it was generated the /dev/usb/lego0 device (...) (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: installing Robolab under Mac OS X

Hi Holger, I definitely know that Robolab 2.5.2 is running in classic mode of MacOS X 10.2.8. So it must be something with the file owner and user rights for a file or a folder in your system (and in every other system where the software should be (...) (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  installing Robolab under Mac OS X

Hello, I just purchased Robolab 2.5.2 from Pitsco and am trying to install it under Mac OS 10.2. When I try the process (while logged in under an account with administrator priviledge) the installer gets to 2 or so files remaining, and then gives (...) (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Maximum Subroutine numbers?

Following up my own post with more information: I found in the Minnesota FIRST League's Software Training Manual the statement: "Local subroutines are identified and called by number (1-8)." This suggests that unlike containers and most other (...) (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Maximum Subroutine numbers?

Does RoboLab have a maximum subroutine number? Also, what is the maximum number of subroutines which can be defined? Referring to real subroutines, not SubVIs. I have a program which defines 5 subroutines, numbered zero through 4. It seems like when (...) (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  What is "Stop Event Monitoring" for?

The Robolab manual says "This command stops the program from watching for events" and gives an example which is essentially identical to the example for the "Start Monitoring for an Event" icon except it adds a "Stop Event Monitoring" icon after the (...) (21 years ago, 28-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  What is "Reset Event" for?

What exactly does the Robolab "Reset Event" icon do? Under what circumstances would or should it be used? The Robolab manual gives only a Microsoft-esque useless restatement of the name of the icon: "Event This command resets monitoring for an (...) (21 years ago, 27-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Lightsensor

If I shine a bright light into the light sensor it gets to 60 sometimes, but if I put the light sensor very close to a lamp, it gets to 100. I could never get a value lower than 25. "Michael Gasperi" <gasperi@alynk.com> wrote in the message (...) (21 years ago, 25-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Direct Link (was Global Objects was Strange RCX startup issues)

(...) perfect! Step by step directions. Thanks. (...) So, now I can use the 'run' button to do other stuff, right? Or, for that matter, I could do other stuff with the On/Off button. After I turn it off (using the code listed), then, I can just turn (...) (21 years ago, 15-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Direct Link (was Global Objects was Strange RCX startup issues)

(...) Ok, I'll take a shot at it: 1) Make a new directory in the root BrickOS directory called pgm. 2) Copy the files config.h and Makefile from the boot directory to the pgm directory. 3) Copy your C files to the pgm directory. 4) Edit config.h (in (...) (21 years ago, 13-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.6

(...) Thanks! It does work well! My files had a .txt extension. But since I've renamed them, it works beautiful. (...) Very impressive and useful features. (...) Now I get it! (...) You're right (...) I renamed the help files back and it's great (...) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, FTX)

  Re: ROM image using USB tower

Okay, I gave in and bought one of the serial towers listed on bricklink. I now have a ROM image, but am unable to disassemble it. Whatever options I pass to h8300-hitachi-hms-objdump I get: BFD: rom.srec:12: Unexpected character `0' in S-record file (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Vision command + linux

someone ask me to diffuse my code .... then it's here : (URL) can use it to make your own project. Please read the README and if you have any question mail me nanobapt (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Vision command + linux

(...) LOL, thanks (...) I wil try some method to fixe it nanobapt (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Vision command + linux

(...) This is a pretty cool technique! I really like the middle picture (movehead2.jpg) just as a work of art. (...) You could overcome this by subtracting out the minimum pixel change from all pixels. So if the entire picture gets brighter or (...) (21 years ago, 12-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  Vision command + linux

I've test a new filter for the camera .... In my first study I applied a filter only in one image .... Now I take the "time" parameter ! I make a difference between two image and here is the result When nothing move : (URL) I move my head : (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NQC's future

Sorry for the french .... But the description is true nanobapt (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Direct Link (was Global Objects was Strange RCX startup issues)

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Mark Riley wrote: ... (...) All right, this brings up an interesting question. I can use BrickOS well enough to make it do cool stuff, but I really don't know all the cool stuff BrickOS can do... If I read this (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: My problems with adding a Best Fit algorithm for memory management to kernel/mm.c

Mark Riley wrote: [snip] (...) This is easy enough to implement (1 or 2 lines), but raises the question: Should these memory strategies be included with BrickOS (with a config.h flag to control it)? I am sure the educators would rather leave that (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Global Objects was Strange RCX startup issues

Understood. In this case, I am thinking that the option should be ON by default; such that a new, less experienced user would not encounter a problem; but an experienced user could turn the option off. // Joe (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Global Objects was Strange RCX startup issues

(...) But, it perhaps should default to being enabled as this deficiency has caused some confusion in the past. Great work, Joe! Mark (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Global Objects was Strange RCX startup issues

(...) I opt for option. Not much may be to much in some cases. And I don't want to program in c++ anyway. Regards, Michael (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Global Objects was Strange RCX startup issues

(...) [snipped] (...) I simply added ctor_size and dtor_size to the *image*, *lx* and *program* structures. This allows the program manager to calc the start and end of these segments. (...) It wasn't as hard as I had thought. I have the fix (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.6

(...) Unfortunately I haven't documented my pbForth support very well. Perhaps the following explanation will be useful to all BricxCC users who want to try pbForth. BricxCC figures out some things based on the extension of the file open in the (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, FTX)

  Re: Memory, Motors and Odd Things

(...) no. Ok, that's my first problem. (...) hmm. yep. malloc()... (...) no, using the firmdl3. (...) Yes, it's recursive. And, I'm sure your hunch is right. (...) It sounds like it's the malloc() bug. I'm using 0.2.6.09 (?) I'm not going to switch (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, FTX)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.6

(...) Wow! I've just discovered Bricxcc! Thank you very much for providing such a useful tool. I'm using PbForth and I was impressed by what you've included in BricxCC. Just to share with you, here's what I did so far. I've renamed the Help file so (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics, FTX)

  Re: My problems with adding a Best Fit algorithm for memory management to kernel/mm.c

  Re: NQC's future

(...) click thru to: Présentation (URL) I found the English page: (URL) my eye, Babelfish seems to think the French there says: Legnoppix is a version of Knoppix Linux, bootable via CD even in a PC that ordinarily boots Windows. Legnoppix differs (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Memory, Motors and Odd Things

(...) Hi Steve, Are you using BrickOS 0.2.6.10? In earlier versions, it was possible for malloc() to return pointers to RAM in the range [F010,FB7F], which was shared with the motor port controller. Writing to this memory adversely affected the (...) (21 years ago, 11-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, FTX)

  Re: Logging sensor data

(...) That's why I use brickOS nanobapt (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Memory, Motors and Odd Things

I ran into something odd, and I'm wondering if someone can explain it. I have a pretty large BrickOS program, (the .lx is about 9k) and it uses around 2k for variables. (I think) I've noticed when the program is running, it's not doing anything with (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Logging sensor data

(...) No, I regret to say, you must buy it. Jerry (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Logging sensor data

(...) does robolab is free ? nanobapt (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Logging sensor data

(...) If you had not already decided to use LegOS/BrickOS you might have used Robolab, which has nice sensor data-logging utilities built-in. I show a sensor log in my project 'The LEGO Level' at (URL) It's very easy to set up. Jerry (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Linux legos install help me please

(...) Oups nbo sorry ... not for the moment but I can implement it !! Oh if someone know how to make work the USB tower under linux (to add this function to legnoppix) that would be fun (...) Yes that only this file ... (...) Yes put it in the (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Logging sensor data

(...) Arg .... you don't want to use legnoppix or something like that ? I don't know how implement LNPD to cygwin or other stuff like that nanobapt (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Global Objects was Strange RCX startup issues

(...) Yes. (...) Yes, I took a peek at the dll code and it looks like only one packet type would have to be extended to add this additional information. When not using the program manager (i.e. linking the user program directly to BrickOS), then (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Linux legos install help me please

Wow thanks for the speedy response nanobapt. I am going to attempt to run legnoppix as a guestthrough VMware tonight. I will keep you posted on how that goes. Whati am really interested in is the math. Nano wrote (...) 1st Are you saying that (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: NQC's future

(...) NQC is a language/compiler which works with the standard LEGO firmware(s). I don't anticipate that ever changing. But here's a glimpse of something new for the Spybot target that might be interesting to NQC users. Would 256 (or 128, if you (...) (21 years ago, 10-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Global Objects was Strange RCX startup issues

Doh! I think I just answered the question (of course it was After hitting send) Joseph Woolley wrote: [snip] > Also, I have a question (because of my limited knowledge of how the > __ctors and __dtors are managed): Would the two *for* loops in your (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Global Objects was Strange RCX startup issues

Mark, This is an interesting issue. Initially, after reading your post, I was thinking that it would be easy to add this support to BrickOS. Of course, this is only partially correct. For NON Task Manager builds (therefore no Program manager), it is (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact