 Robotics / RCX / *8055 (-100)
  Re: BricxCC & fast firmware download

(...) Yikes! Do other forms of tower communication seem to work fine from within BricxCC? Does NQC download firmware in either fast or slow mode with your USB or serial towers? What errors, if any, are reported (and when do they appear - right away (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: IR Sensitivity - Was: 1.5/2.0 infrared problem

(...) As cool as this sounds, it's not right. :( Sorry about that. There are just the two bits (like Mark said above). See, this is why I haven't been able to get my Spybot remote to work with my RCX. :) Steve (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: BricxCC & fast firmware download

Hello John, Worked fine for me, with the following setup: RCX2.0, USB tower, BricxCC 3.3.7.6, firm0328.lgo, Win2000. Distance between tower and brick: 20 cm. Download time: 1'25" I tried also 50 cm away (worked) and 1 m away (failed). Philo (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: IR Sensitivity - Was: 1.5/2.0 infrared problem

(...) Mark, Thanks for posting this. I've been trying to figure out how to do that, but I don't know enough about the IR messages and baud control of BrickOS to do it myself. (...) I don't know if this is printed anywhere, but here's some more info (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: IR Sensitivity - Was: 1.5/2.0 infrared problem

(...) Thanks, Mark, I was indeed using standard firmware through NQC... Philo (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  RE: BricxCC & fast firmware download

John, I have yet to get fast or slow downloading to work with BricxCC on my RCX 1.0 with either the USB or serial tower... Ralph (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  BricxCC & fast firmware download

I've had a report that fast firmware downloading doesn't work with the latest release of BricxCC (either tower). In my tests, with an RCX 1.0 brick plugged in, low ambient light, short distances from the USB tower, and all the firmwares I have (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: IR Sensitivity - Was: 1.5/2.0 infrared problem

(...) Hi Philippe, I've been adding support for the Spybot and Manas remotes to my custom firmware LDCC. The idea is to allow 3 people to each control a seperate train using these remotes. This is how I discovered the problem with RCX 1.0 not (...) (21 years ago, 3-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: IR Sensitivity - Was: 1.5/2.0 infrared problem

(...) Hello Mark, How did you managed to receive Spybot remotes messages with your RCX? I tried several settings, no luck :-( Philo (21 years ago, 2-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  to analog as rcx is to programming plastic

With electronic circuit design, as with the plastic mechanics and computer programming of the RCX, do people play somewhere near here? I ask now because recently my local planetarium sold me an "Elenco snap circuits" kit: (URL) me, those Elenco snap (...) (21 years ago, 1-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: lnpd+liblnp + brickos-0.2.6.10

(...) Paolo has done some work in this area for Windows OSes and I am worked on integrating it to brickos with USB support under Windows. I will post my work at some point. Ed (21 years ago, 26-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  brickos sound-related crash

I've been having some trouble with the 0.2.6.10 brickos kernel compiled with gcc 3.3.2. Whenever I try to use the dsound_play or sound_system functions, the kernel crashes immediately. In some cases, the RCX really goes haywire and motors start (...) (21 years ago, 31-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How to call SCOUT ROM subroutine from NQC

(...) Sorry for late response. I am now very busy but I will upload some small snippets for calling directly Scout ROM subroutines (recently I am not be able to concentrate on this issue) as soon as I can. Thanks, Liem PH (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  BricxCC release 3.3.7.6

I've gone ahead and released a new version of BricxCC. Get it while it's hot! :-) There are a few rough edges in this release, primarily in the pbForth console. Also, the leJOS .hlp file was so large I did not include it in the main installer. The (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics, FTX)

  Re: BrickOS motor port horrors

(...) [snippage] (...) I will be releasing a new version of BricxCC shortly (by the end of the week, with any luck) which will include a fix for this bug. It is already fixed but I'm trying to get a couple other items done before I publish a new (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: BrickOS motor port horrors

(...) [snip] (...) Mark, Thanks for shooting this so quickly. Kevin (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: BrickOS motor port horrors

(...) As we discussed in email, it appears to be the firmware downloader causing the problem. I just tried downloading BrickOS 0.2.6.10 with both NQC 2.5 a1 and BricxCC 3.3.6.2 and experienced growling motors. I then downloaded BrickOS using firmdl3 (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: BrickOS motor port horrors

(...) Me too. Without any program loaded, it seems to do funny things with the motors. But once I get a program downloaded, it works fine. The only thing that I find freaky is the different values for light sensors. There's hex percentages and dec (...) (21 years ago, 27-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, FTX)

  Re: BrickOS motor port horrors

(...) Rob, I've had the same problem with BrickOS. The installation I used came with BrickOS already built. I reloaded the RCX with LEGO firmware and all three motor ports worked fine. I concluded it was a BrickOS problem that I would wrestle with (...) (21 years ago, 26-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: IR Sensitivity - Was: 1.5/2.0 infrared problem

(...) Mine have been apart more often than I'd like, too! :-) (...) My guess would be mostly for increased communication speed. With the higher baud rate, the duration of the 2-byte Spybot/Manas packets is halved. This allows for fewer collisions (...) (21 years ago, 26-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: BrickOS motor port horrors

(...) That is the part that really bites me. Are you able to reproduce the error? If yes, try to put out the batteries for a longer time. Anyway, it seems worthwile to have a look at the brickOS initialization code for the motors. If you can (...) (21 years ago, 26-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LDCC.java

I've developed an LDCC protocol stack for lejOS. Well, 1/4 of it. It's currently receive-only and only on the RCX platform. It needs another pair of eyes to make sure I haven't done anything stupid or inefficient, as this is only my second Java (...) (21 years ago, 26-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: BrickOS motor port horrors

Well, I don't know much about it being possessed, but you should try to divide the problem probabilities in half. Try loading the original lego firmware. (Yes I know, this brings horror to some of you fellow programmers out there, but its just (...) (21 years ago, 26-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  BrickOS motor port horrors

I was writing some simple programs to test out BrickOS last night, and had some really strange behavior. I hooked up a motor to port B and a rotation sensor to port 2. My programs were just testing out various motor speeds and positioning accuracy. (...) (21 years ago, 25-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: IR Sensitivity - Was: 1.5/2.0 infrared problem

(...) Hello Mark, Thanks for your answer, this will keep me from dismantling once again my RCXs ! So it seems that LEGO modified RCX2.0 to get better compatibility with Spybots/Manas. Now a question remains, why did they increased carrier frequency (...) (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: IR Sensitivity - Was: 1.5/2.0 infrared problem

(...) OK thanks for your reply! But the bad thing is that two RCX2.0 could not communicate properly....Am I wrong?? Chris. (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

chip 1138 / chip 1176 Strange... 38 + 38 = 76 What does that mean? Rob "Mark Riley" <markril@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Hn6xKJ.1o68@lugnet.com... (...) its (...) reflected (...) axle (...) same (...) post on (...) on (...) messages. (...) (...) (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  IR Sensitivity - Was: 1.5/2.0 infrared problem

(...) I think there might be an explanation for this and I've been meaning to post on this topic, but never seem to have gotten around to it! :-) I've opened up my RCX 1.0 and the IR receiver has the markings "TSOP 1138" on it. After looking this (...) (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: 1.5/2.0 infrared problem

(...) we ' ve told about this thing with Philo few days ago cause he had the same problem. So I' ve made several tests with 4 RCX: 2 RCXv1.0 and 2 RCXv2.0 . It seems RCX emitter is the same in 1.0 and 2.0 versions. But 2.0 receiver is less sensitive (...) (21 years ago, 23-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  lnpd+liblnp + brickos-0.2.6.10

It seems to be not possible to use lnpd+liblnp with brickos-0.2.6.10. Is there a patch available to get the liblnp package to work? (21 years ago, 22-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  size limit on the programs for the RCX

is there a size limit for our program? Like it cannot exceed a certain amount... by that i mean, if i have say several programs, is there a limit on how much each could size so that i can fit them all on the RCX at once and be able to run? because (...) (21 years ago, 22-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, FTX)

  Re: Another firmware replacement for RCX

(...) Hi all, just a reply to myself :-) we just released a new version of ERIKA, that includes: - C++ support - a new motor library (with a PWM able to reach 1 KHz!!!) - infrared support (experimental) - a few bug fixes The documentation have also (...) (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: FindWorld & ClearWorld Spybot NQC API additions

Thank you for the quick response. I'll try all your suggestions tonight. ...and a great big SQUEEK! SQUEEK! SQUEEK! Joseph (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: FindWorld & ClearWorld Spybot NQC API additions

(...) You are quite welcome. I hope there are at least a few folks out there who are finding this useful. Mostly we should all thank Dave Baum for his efforts to add Spybot support to NQC and for designing a program that allows for extension in a (...) (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: FindWorld & ClearWorld Spybot NQC API additions

(...) SQUEAK!!! SQUEAK!!! SQUEAK!!! ;o) Philo (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: FindWorld & ClearWorld Spybot NQC API additions

This is an area of robotics that particularly interests me. Thank you for doing all this work! Now...how do I put all together? Do I simply add your programming to the bottom of spy.nqh or are there particular locations where pieces should go? Would (...) (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  FindWorld & ClearWorld Spybot NQC API additions

Another addition to spy.nqh : #define REL_GT 0 #define REL_LT 1 #define REL_EQ 2 #define REL_NE 3 __nolist void FindWorld(int &v, const int relsrc, const int crit, const int& thresh) { asm { 0xd5, &v : 0x3000001, 0x2a + relsrc, crit, &thresh : (...) (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Strange error message I have recieved

(...) Thanks a lot, it worked. I knew it had something to do with the memory. Mike (21 years ago, 20-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  LNP and USB over linux

Hi, I recently finished my thesis project: "Constraint Programming over LEGOS MindStorm" working with LNP, Serial tower(the only one i found sopport) and a rcx 2.0. I would like to know if somebody knows about LNP SUPPORTING USB. I already have the (...) (21 years ago, 20-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Strange error message I have recieved

(...) Check out this message, it might address your problem: (URL) (21 years ago, 20-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Strange error message I have recieved

I am in the process of completing my senior project where I will add 3 additional allocation algorithms to the Memory Mangament facility in BrickOS. I should the Next Fit algorithm done but when I add a certain part of code I get the following error (...) (21 years ago, 19-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: More Spybotics NQC API stuff (work in progress)

Some slight revisions to the previous submission. And now I have finally figured out how to get the Spybot to control Manas. I'm very puzzled by the equations for setting the output bytes. Any explanations would be greatly appreciated. #include (...) (21 years ago, 19-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  More Spybotics NQC API stuff (work in progress)

A lot of this is untested and very rough. For some reason I still can't get the Spybot to send out RC messages to a Manas unit. Sending an RCX message (opcode 0xF7) is quite simple - either using the ROM subroutine SendRCXMessage or by using the (...) (21 years ago, 18-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.spybotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Proximity Sensors for Legway

Progress so far (2 URLs) I have a feeling I won't be able to stabilise it further until I can get better sensors.... This is a slightly modified Steves Legway program with two standard sensors moded with some black paper to hide the red leds cheers (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Logo

It sounds like GTK :) Can you color it ? nanobapt (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: How to call SCOUT ROM subroutine from NQC

(...) I would love to see the include file you created for calling the Scout ROM subroutines. Any chance it could be posted here (or that you could post a link to the file)? Thanks! John Hansen (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Team Spybot (was: Yet another NQC spybot API submission)

(...) I recently made a pair of Spybots that could work together for an autonomous sumo competition. I wanted to use the Spybot "ZONES" but found this info is not available in NQC. It was pretty easy to pick up Mindscript, and I was able to do just (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Yet another NQC spybot API submission

(...) Hello John, Sure I'm interested... Though I have not devoted enough time to the Spybots, I think they make a good "poor man" robotics platform - unfortunately with quite a few limitations. Thanks a lot for the time and energy you put in (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: Yet another NQC spybot API submission

I'm hanging on every byte, John. I've tried a couple times to do what your doing with the Spybot API, and I just don't seem to have what it takes. For instance, I tried to figure out how to get the Spybot to respond to its remote control from NQC, (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower

I may be stepping out on a limb, but have you tried reformatting the laptop that doesn't work? What about using NQC or the original Lego software to test and make sure its not RoboLab in combination with your laptop that is causing errors. Ok, (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Yet another NQC spybot API submission  [DAT]

Doh! I had the low and high bytes switched on the items below which can be passed one or more frequencies. Now I have actually tested this code and it does, indeed, work (with the low and high bytes in the correct order). I've also slightly changed (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.robotics.spybotics)

  Re: failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower

I tested with the same installation, IR tower & rcx module with another laptop (by Dell) built with infrared port, wireless network card, but with no bluetooth built in. They work fine... The problem is more and more leaning over to hardware (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Logo

(...) Well, I liked the more horizontal feel of that one, and it's lost when you use a more vertical (bold) font. This one has more of a block focus: (URL) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, FTX)

  Re: usb tower failed in XP!

Since this subject does not match the possible problem, I started a new thread to reflect the more accurate symptom "failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower" (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  failure in communicaton between RCX & IR Tower

PC: toshiba - P25 series model with four usb 2.0 ports, an bluetooth/wi-fi capability, w/ infrared port built in as well. IR Tower : usb RCX : 1.0 Symptom: - communication between the ir tower & laptop is fine... verified with the device manager - (...) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Logo

I like the "OS". What do you think about doing "brick" in more block-like font. Something like bold (or black), outlined, Helvitica? (...) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: usb tower failed in XP!

After I have done trouble-shooting for hours on my toshiba-laptop, the point of failure seems to be between the ir tower & the rcx...: - the ir tower did insteed install properly... I have verified with the device manager as well. - the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Logo

I noticed there still isn't an official logo on the SourceForge page, so I thought I'd make a contribution: (avaiable in PSP/vector) (URL) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, FTX)

  Yet another NQC spybot API submission

Here is another submission to the NQC spybot API. I haven't properly tested this against an actual Spybot but I have compared the NQC output code to what is generated by MindScript and documented in the VPB help file. #define SOUNDEFFECT __res 2 (...) (21 years ago, 16-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  usb tower failed in XP!

OS: winXP Robolab : 2.5.2 machine: Toshiba Satellite-p25... coming with 4 usb ports and a IR port. Symptom: - usb tower driver installed fine. - I even verified with device manager that the lego usb tower did indeed install properly. Robolab (...) (21 years ago, 15-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: disable LNP

(...) I actually had already tried this, but couldn't get it to work. Turns out I was having a problem with generating the linker file (genlds). Once I resolved that, it works GREAT! As you may expect, the processor intensive program I've written, (...) (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: disable LNP

(...) Doesn't the H8/300 have a mode where you can scan up to 4 channels at once? Ralph (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: disable LNP

(...) Mark is correct: I made the following two changes which will cause the sensors to be polled at 1KHz: in systime.c; added "bset #0x5,@_AD_CSR:8"; extern void clock_handler(void); ... sys_nohigh: mov.w #0x5a06,r6 ; reset wd timer to 6 mov.w (...) (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: disable LNP

(...) Sorry, nothing has made it to an official release. I think Joseph Woolley has some code where he reduced the sample rate to 1KHz (I think). You might try contacting him about it. Mark (21 years ago, 11-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  MacNQC 3.0r2 Release Announcement

Hi All, I've released MacNQC 3.0 r2. Bugs fixed are: * Fixed a problem when clearing the score in the Piano Panel. * Fixed a problem in the Raw Data Panel where the results of the command were not getting displayed until the next window refresh. * (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: disable LNP

(...) Have the changes from the above thread been implemented in a release of BrickOS, yet? (reduced sensor sample rate) I need to D/L a new release, but I don't want to rush, because I know I'll have to make changes to some of my existing code. (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: disable LNP

(...) Steve, If no IR traffic (of any kind) is occurring, then there is very little overhead associated with LNP being active. In any event, this trivial amount of overhead (in systime.c) can't be disabled. What you really need to be concerned about (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Linked Lists in BrickOS

(...) Michael, This will save you a few keystrokes: pNext = 0; :-) Mark (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Linked Lists in BrickOS

(...) Actually, it turned out that there was some leftover obj or mak files that were messing up the compiler. I purged the directory, and all was well. Thanks for the tip on tabbing. Just wanted to confirm that a BrickOS pointer is only 2 bytes... (...) (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RCX Communications problems

(...) the LNP class also uses LLC, it just doesn't implement receiveAck(). (...) You could work ACKs into LNP (e.g. create a LNPReliableHandler), or you could add multi-byte support into and put an addressing layer over LLCReliableHandler. The (...) (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  disable LNP

I need to write a program that can send and receive messages, but there are times when the program is running, that I don't want to waste processor time watching for messages. Is it possible to switch LNP on and off, while a program is running? I (...) (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Linked Lists in BrickOS

(...) If you install cygwin and the cross compilers using my pre-packaged installer ((URL) and my pre-packaged and pre-built brickOS/leJOS installer ((URL) then you should be able to write your brickOS programs using GNU Pascal. (see below) (...) I (...) (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: leJOS auto power-off

(...) your programs, lest you forget to turn off the RCX while a program is running and waste a set of batteries ... Like while(System.current...meMillis() < 600000) { // 10 minutes timeout ... } as a main loop instead of while(true){...} Jürgen (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Linked Lists in BrickOS

(...) Yeah, this was the problem. It hadn't occurred to me that BricxCC wasn't saving the file before making. Whoops. (...) Yes, tremendously (...) It looks like this was the problem line. I didn't know the syntax for a pointer to nothing. (in (...) (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Linked Lists in BrickOS

(...) BricxCC can't know for sure what compiler to use unless it can tell what type of file you are editing. It figures this out using the file extension. In order to compile C++ and C code, BricxCC needs the file to have a .cpp or .c extension. (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: INT_MAX in BrickOS

(...) Yes, very much, thank you. That explains why I was getting odd results when I set an int to 65535. Now, I know what to do. Thanks Steve (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: INT_MAX in BrickOS

(...) Hi Steve, Here's a handy table: TYPE BITS MIN MAX ===...=== char 8 0 255 unsigned char 8 0 255 signed char 8 -128 127 int 16 -32768 32767 unsigned int 16 0 65535 unsigned 16 0 65535 long 32 -2147483648 2147483647 unsigned long 32 0 4294967295 (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: leJOS auto power-off

Works for me! Thanks for the pointer (I think I searched everywhere *but* lugNET :O). (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: RCX Communications problems

Hi everyone, I did take a look at LNP, but I need to be sure that the RCX received the packet. As far as I Know, LNP is an UDP kind of communication. LLC is more reliable way to communicate as it uses ACK. I’m thinking know in recompile the RCXPort (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  INT_MAX in BrickOS

What's the max value for an INT in BrickOS? Is it +/- 2,147,483,647? (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: leJOS auto power-off

(...) It can't be done. (URL) Hansen (URL) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  leJOS auto power-off

How does one disable the auto power-off feature in leJOS? I've scanned the API and can't find it. Thanks. -Brian (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Linked Lists in BrickOS

(...) Also, add some semicolons to the above like so: class list { private: Node *p_head; }; Mark (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Linked Lists in BrickOS

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, Michael Purvis wrote: <snipped some, added some filler> (...) In order for the above to work.... (...) wouldn't the above need to be uncommented ??? I am not seeing where else you declared pData... but I could be wrong. (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Linked Lists in BrickOS

Thanks to all that assisted me in getting set up. It turned out to be missing Cygwin packages. My bad. Two problems. Firstly, BrixCC needs to be restarted to compile 'new' code. Is there a way to correct this problem? Also, I'm having trouble (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: write files

(...) I'm glad that you (and others) have found NQC to be useful. Most people don't use NQC for anything beyond compiling and downloading programs, but it has lots of options for interacting with the RCX (such as -datalog, -run, and -raw). Type "nqc (...) (21 years ago, 3-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: More than 1 integer in a data packet?

(...) I'm not a leJOS expert by any stretch of the imagination. But I think I can help. (...) That is not a correct understanding of the rcxcomm package API. The RCXOutputStream class, for example, which descends from java.io.OutputStream inherits (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: write files2

(...) Markus, I second Chris' request that you explain more fully what you are trying to do exactly. Why do you need your output formatted as result1;result2;result3..., for instance? John Hansen (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: write files2

(...) You probably do not want to use the datalog if you just want to get the latest lightsensor reading every two seconds. Here's a way to do it if you can use JavaScript and if you have BricxCC installed (since BricxCC implements an out-of-process (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: write files2

(...) By "connected" do you mean always within range of the infrared tower? (...) How long do you need to do this? Do you need to access the text file while the robot is running, or do you only plan to use the data after the experiment is over? (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: write files

(...) Of course. How silly of me to forget that NQC, the most influential piece of RCX software ever written, has built-in support for the datalog. I use NQC for the majority of my projects, and have found it to be the quickest way to develop RCX (...) (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: write files2

(...) btw: the results must be saved: e.g: log.txt consists: result1;result2;result3... (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  write files2

thx for your answers. let me specify the problem better: the rcx is always connected with the PC. now i have a lightsensor and i want to save the results of the lightsensor every 2 seconds to my log.txt file ;) What is the best and easyiest way to (...) (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  More than 1 integer in a data packet?

Hi there, Does anyone know if I can send more than 1 byte/integer per packet between the PC and RCX. From what I understand of the rcxcomm package API, one can only send an integer at a time. Also, the example supplied with the rcxcomm package only (...) (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: write files

(...) If you just want to transfer the datalog and put it in a text file you can use the nqc command: nqc -datalog This will upload the datalog and print it to stdout. Use your shell I/O redirection to put it in a file... nqc -datalog >my.log (...) (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: write files

(...) Now that you mention it, I surely have. But not recently, and not using the Data Log feature. I think this is what I was thinking of when I typed the words "other tools." (I'm a dinosaur when it comes to line editors vs. IDEs.) (...) when I'm (...) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Force number programname on RCX

Hi Admir, (...) once on the RCX a Lejos program has no name, there is only one program with possibly several numbered entry points. Maybe you can clarify your question? Greetings to København Jürgen (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  javac Makefile in Cygwin enviorment

Hi all, I'm developing some client/server on Lejos/win32(sdk.1.40) -> RCX, and I wonder if somebody arround have Makefile in Cygwin??? My exemple (bellow) is not good since I get pcrxcomm.jar problemms ... --- MAIN_PROGRAM = [xxx] PACKAGE = (...) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Force number programname on RCX

Hi, Is there any chance to force program name on RCX ??? (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: write files

(...) Surely you've used BricxCC? I thought everyone has used it... :-) A simple, yet powerful, tool you can download is my RCXTool program. (URL) posted about it a while back. (URL) can use RCXTool to upload your datalog via the following (...) (21 years ago, 30-Sep-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact