 Robotics / RCX / *3350 (-5)
  USB / x86 open sys based RCX replacement??

After playing with my legos, RCX, NQC, stuff for awhile, I find a more powerful RCX with proviions for more inputs and outputs and lots more memory, CPU power, options, and interconnections, seems like it would be desireable. A very common reaction (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: legOS doesn't work under NT?

Oscar Deniz Suarez <odeniz@dis.ulpgc.es> wrote in message news:G2016F.L1z@lugnet.com... (...) some (...) problems, (...) Maybe, but I know there's differences - I can't get NT to talk to my qv-100 digital camera over the serial port, but Linux & (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RCX, Servos ,and Pneumatics

Hi All, I've just updated my site with new information on controlling standard RC servos with the RCX. Besides the dead-simple schematic that uses Radio-Shack parts, you can even control pneumatic switches! There are a few pictures that show a (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Dropping your RCX on the floor...

Not if was on when that battery disconnects. I think the memory is powered through a capacitor or somthing like that, when the RCX if off the power to the memory is maintained even when batteries arn't in for a few minuets because of the small (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Dropping your RCX on the floor...

Yes, it was on, and when I picked it up, it was turned off. I thought "No! It's broken!" but you could turn it on, and the firmware was gone. But doesn't the batteries need to be disconnected for like a minute for the firmware to be erased from (...) (24 years ago, 7-Oct-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact