 Robotics / Palm Computing / 82
  Re: New Palm IR Software to remote control your RCX

(...) I'm guessing that using the built in IR port is close to the signal needed but not quite there. It's a shame LEGO used such an alien signal for their towers. But I really do love having FULL NQC on my iPAQ! At our last show I was able to fully (...) (23 years ago, 12-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.palm)

  Re: New Palm IR Software to remote control your RCX

(...) It's very close to what is used in standard remote controls, so it's a natural choice and not that alien. They couldn't use the Irda protocol used in Notebooks or handhelds because it is too complicated for such a small computer as the RCX. (...) (23 years ago, 12-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.palm)