 Robotics / NXT / NXT Firmware Hacking / 20
  The standard NXT firmware & the case of the missing opcodes

There are several opcodes defined in c_cmd_bytecodes.h which are missing from the VM implementation in c_cmd.c Here are the ones that are not implemented: //Family: Bit manipulation #define OP_CMNT 0x0A // dest, src #define OP_LSL 0x0B // dest, src (...) (17 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: The standard NXT firmware & the case of the missing opcodes

(...) Having used shifts in Z80 assembly before, I can see the uses of the different types. However, I can't see how I'd want anything other than arithmetical in the NBC opcodes. The only times I used logical, rotating, or with-carry-bit shifts was (...) (17 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: The standard NXT firmware & the case of the missing opcodes

(...) I guess what I'm saying is '<<=', 'OP_ASL' and 'OP_LSL' are all the same thing (zero fill). '>>=' means either 'OP_ASR' (smear fill) or 'OP_LSR' (zero fill) depending on whether your target is signed or not. If you wanted direct equivalents (...) (17 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: The standard NXT firmware & the case of the missing opcodes

(...) I don't think I ever got around to mentioning this here, but a long time ago I implemented all of the above opcodes in my NBC/NXC enhanced standard NXT firmware. I implemented all of the shift opcodes so that they take 3 parameters rather than (...) (17 years ago, 22-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: The standard NXT firmware & the case of the missing opcodes

(...) If you download the test_release.zip that I uploaded late last night you will be able to use these new opcodes (after installing the enhanced firmware in lms_arm_jch.zip) in both NBC and NXC programs. Here is some sample NXC code: task goofy() (...) (17 years ago, 23-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: The standard NXT firmware & the case of the missing opcodes

(...) Could you, please, confirm, that the latest version of NBC then translates the following two commands with three arguments listed in the NBC manual: shr shl to the correct new opcodes of the enhanced firmware (depending on the type of the (...) (17 years ago, 30-Aug-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)