 Robotics / NXT / NXT Firmware Hacking / 10
  Re: GCC vs. IAR compiler: Could GCC be tweaked to generate code as tight as IAR?

Regarrding overwriting the flash system. I encountered the problem of flash file system overwriting user code as well. It's because it is hard coded in the code the starting address of the file system. There's a constant named "STARTOFUSERFLASH" (...) (17 years ago, 14-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: GCC vs. IAR compiler: Could GCC be tweaked to generate code as tight as IAR?

(...) Hi Dick Swan, That is a nice flexible way of doing it. I will see if I can figure it out in gcc. Thanks for the idea. (...) Well...I have -=Os on, which are all size reducing features. The actual "problem" can also be this packed stuff that we (...) (17 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)