 Robotics / NXT / NXT Firmware Hacking / *33 (-5)
  NXT-to-NXT Messaging

The following is a good topic for this list. It deals with NXT-to-NXT messaging. It's based on an original post in the "nxtasy" forums. There's lots of room for improvement / enhancement in the NXT-to-NXT messaging. Especially when more that two (...) (17 years ago, 2-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: Enhanced standard NXT firmware

(...) That's great news, David. I'm glad that you are having success using the new CommExecuteFunction system call. I haven't had a chance to test it at all yet personally but I was very confident that it would just work seeing as how exposing it (...) (17 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Enhanced standard NXT firmware

"John Hansen" <afanofosc@comcast.net> wrote in message news:JF0sGr.M2w@lugnet.com... (...) implement (...) big snip Great job John. And thank you especially for CommExecuteFunction. I couldn't believe that Lego didn't allow a way to make a Bluetooth (...) (17 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  More firmware enhancements

I have implemented OP_WAIT and a variant of OP_WAIT which takes a variable rather than an immediate numeric value (which in nbc is called "waitv"). I also modified NBC to accept a command line switch that tells it whether the firmware supports waits (...) (17 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: Faster NXT LCD Screen Refresh

(...) Okay, there's a little more to it than this. If you have a display that supports greyscales, it can control the level of the voltage jolt that's applied to each pixel during the actual refresh cycle. That way you get a smoother display with (...) (17 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact