 Robotics / NXT / 926 (-5)
  RE: Ooops! NXT Software Comparison correction / I2C Messaging Speed

(...) I want to list both. First, the one-to-one mapping, and second (with some explanation) the code with a second task. Several other pieces of software have an "optimized" version of code, and it makes sense to do the same for NBC. Steve (17 years ago, 6-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT-G/ROBOTC Firmware Scheduler and Clump Priority

Wow! Very interesting posting. Thanks for revealing that, Dick! Zitat von Dick Swan <dickswan@sbcglobal.net>: (...) ---...--- This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program. (17 years ago, 6-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT-G/ROBOTC Firmware Scheduler and Clump Priority

In a typical operating system (OS), tasks are scheduled on a priority basis. The highest priority task always executes ahead of lower priority tasks. If there are multiple tasks at the highest priority, then they are typically executed in a round (...) (17 years ago, 6-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: Ooops! NXT Software Comparison correction

(...) After tuning, NBC achieved 73K test cycles. It achieved these great results by setting the task "priority" to 200. Unfortunately, unless the NXT-G task scheduler has been rewritten, these results might be a little too high. A NXT-G task (or (...) (17 years ago, 6-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: Ooops! NXT Software Comparison correction / I2C Messaging Speed

(...) Nobody cheated or is dishonest. Everyone who writes firmware for the NXT is well-intentioned "good" people. Let's not mislabel good modern programming practice -- i.e. hardware device drivers integrated into the low-level firmware -- as (...) (17 years ago, 6-Sep-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact