 Robotics / NXT / 91 (-20)
  Re: NXT Robot Swarm at BrickFest -- featuring Bluetooth

(...) I can loan out an iBook with BT - and it has the NXT retail software. Joe Meno Event Coordinator (18 years ago, 22-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: NXT Robot Swarm at BrickFest -- featuring Bluetooth

The NXT Robot Swarm has been scheduled for Saturday at 12:30 in Junior Ballroom 3. It seems the goal of this first event is to get some basic BT communication working, and if there's time, actually try a swarm-like experiment. If anything else, it (...) (18 years ago, 22-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: Severe Case of Alkaline Battery Leakage

(...) This may also indicate a short. It may be prudent to take a multimeter across the battery terminals in the battery box on the NXT before putting any fresh batteries in. If that is the case, I would strongly recommend returning the brick. (...) (18 years ago, 22-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Severe Case of Alkaline Battery Leakage

I've got Duracell Coppertops on 10 NXTs I use in class. I've just experienced a nasty case of battery leakage. Good thing it leaked on the cover rather than on the electronics. Good thing the student, an 11 year old, brought the leakage to my (...) (18 years ago, 22-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NeXTTool fix & NBC update

I have updated the zips for BrickTool and NeXTTool to fix a small problem with downloading .ric files to the NXT brick. I also uploaded a new beta for NBC which implements a pseudo wait opcode (which was dropped from the firmware at some point). If (...) (18 years ago, 21-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT avaliable in London

(...) Went a bit mad, bought three - two as spares to sell when I get back. (18 years ago, 17-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT avaliable in London

(...) Going to pick up a set tomorrow whilst I'm here in the US, I hadn't realised it wasn't out in the shops in the UK yet! (18 years ago, 17-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  New NXT Utilities

I have posted a couple new utilities for the NXT on my BricxCC website. One (MidiBatch) is a batch conversion utility for converting MIDI files into NXT Melody (.rmd) files. NXT Melody files can be played via NXT-G simply by renaming them as NXT (...) (18 years ago, 16-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Robot Swarm at BrickFest -- featuring Bluetooth

In article <J3y0B4.FM0@lugnet.com>, Brian Davis <brdavis@iusb.edu> wrote (...) I shall have PC software to do this, and probably others will have similar tools before I finish. (...) I believe 7 is the number of connections specified in the (...) (18 years ago, 15-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Motor Encoder Accuracy and Dead Reckoning

(...) ... (...) Yes. Very easily. I took my floor cleaner robot, Rosie: (URL) a two-block NXT-G program (in a loop): (URL) created a robot that I think has the accuracy of "Peeves", as seen here: (URL) appears to return within a couple cm each time. (...) (18 years ago, 13-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Robot Swarm at BrickFest -- featuring Bluetooth

(...) My problems with this solution are two-fold. First, NXT-G currently can't send anything back to the PC, as it's not running anything to get the NXT-G message structure (yes, folks could write this... almost certainly will. But likely not me). (...) (18 years ago, 13-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Robot Swarm at BrickFest -- featuring Bluetooth

Here's an idea of how to get more than 3 NXTs connected via Bluetooth (BT). It involves using a PC as a "relay point". I think standards allow up to seven simultaneous connections per BT device. The limitation to three connections on the NXT may be (...) (18 years ago, 13-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Motor Encoder Accuracy and Dead Reckoning

(...) I've played with it a good bit. It seems to be extremely accurate, in that one motor will slavishly follow the other - you can do demos like set a Move block to drive forward 10 rotations, and while it's trying to do that pick up the robot and (...) (18 years ago, 13-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Motor Encoder Accuracy and Dead Reckoning

Dick, the article you referenced with the PID controller is excellent. I spent a lot of time trying to do a straight line with an RCX model a few years ago, but with a different approach: It was track-driven and the drive shaft extension on each (...) (18 years ago, 13-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT Motor Encoder Accuracy and Dead Reckoning

Has anyone done any experiments on the accuracy of the NXT motor "move to" block? If so, can they post their results or impressions? I know NXT supports PID calculations to synchronize two motors and run in a straight line. Can you use this to drive (...) (18 years ago, 13-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Robot Swarm at BrickFest -- featuring Bluetooth

(...) I played around with this a little bit, trying to confirm what I've been told. It is possible to have an NXT connect as either a master or a slave, but not both at the same time. I'm sure this is true. Here's what I did: I took three NXTs with (...) (18 years ago, 13-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Robot Swarm at BrickFest -- featuring Bluetooth

(...) As I was working on my ruby-nxt module, I managed to get the nxt to connect to my laptop as both a master and a slave. On my laptop (a MacBookPro) I created an incoming bluetooth serial port and an outgoing serial port on the DEV-B device (...) (18 years ago, 11-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT Robot Swarm at BrickFest -- featuring Bluetooth

(...) Jordan, I think swarming would be very fun to explore, but, for me, there isn't enough time before BF. Here's something you could play around with before BF: (URL) by getting your robot to follow the line on the test pad. To answer your (...) (18 years ago, 11-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: NXT Robot Swarm at BrickFest -- featuring Bluetooth

It's good that people are interested! With the RCX couldn't you just have a robot broadcast a message to anything that could see the IR signal and was waiting for specific messages to arrive? Can a similar thing be done with BT? Would we be better (...) (18 years ago, 11-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: Spike Building Guide Typo

(...) The same three girls got confused by the programming instructions for Spike "Reactions". They missed the proper placement of the second switch block within the primary switch block within the loop block in frame 8. Confused? So was I. They saw (...) (18 years ago, 11-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact