 Robotics / NXT / 824
    Re: stop task —Brian Davis
   (...) Well, you may not consider that awkward, but having been able to use the "stop" & "start" task commands in NQC, I do actually consider it very awkward. For instance, if I want to immediately stop some task under the "stock" FW... well, I (...) (17 years ago, 24-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

        RE: stop task —Elizabeth Mabrey
   Everyone, Being fair in the judgement in using a global watchdog flag to terminate a task. Honestly, when I have a multi-threaded process, I have always used a watchdog type of flag, mutex, semaphore, etc. to signal a thread to terminate. I hardly (...) (17 years ago, 25-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

        Re: stop task —Brian Davis
   (...) It hasn't, Elizabeth - I'm not upset at John, and he knows *far* more about programming than I do. I just wanted to point out that there are process where abruptly "killing" a thread was one of the best solutions I ever found, due to the speed (...) (17 years ago, 25-Jul-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)