 Robotics / NXT / 521 (-5)
  Re: Surveying MTBF of Edu NXTs

(...) Two 6th grade girls at Ladd Acres Elementary in Hillsboro Oregon USA, named the NXT, "OOBER" out of the box. They used a rechargeable until that needed recharging. I replaced their original rechargeable with another one. Today, about 30 (...) (18 years ago, 24-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RICScript

You may not find this terribly interesting, but I have implemented an RIC to Text converter (a decompiler, if you will) which generates source code for an RIC file in a text format. Soon BricxCC will have support for writing and (...) (18 years ago, 24-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Surveying MTBF of Edu NXTs

First, let me repeat the request for specifics. I *have* had some reports of indivdual sensors failing (and being replaced by LEGO), as well as the rare motor that seems a little bit to high in internal friction (and, again, at least addressed by (...) (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Surveying MTBF of Edu NXTs

(...) Hi Fly, I suspect that your NXTs are fine. On the other hand, I suspect your rechargeables are toast; there is a big difference between those two things. An underpowered NXT will behave erratically, and therefore, as the battery looses its (...) (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Surveying MTBF of Edu NXTs

(...) You should be able to estimate time-to-failure in the presence of your censored data; people do this all the time in engineering and cancer and many other fields. Steve H seems surprised at the fact that any NXT died and I must say that I am (...) (18 years ago, 23-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact