 Robotics / NXT / 481 (-20)
  Re: Bluetooth Comm Problem

Dick, Thanks for the research and all of the valuable information! It's Valentine's Day, so my wife won't allow me the time to try it tonight, but I'll try your suggestions tomorrow and see how it works. By the way, I actually saw a response come (...) (18 years ago, 15-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  .NET Micro Framework released!

Microsoft released a micro version of the .NET Framework SDK today! Could we be writing C# code for the NXT, and unlike the Microsoft Robotics Studio, actually have that code run natively on the brick itself? Quick summary article: (URL) download (...) (18 years ago, 14-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: NXC/NBC release news

Hi John! I think there is not an urgent need for a clear-screen flag in a bunch of NXT screen functions. That is, my sources are full of "false," flags :-) TextOut(...,true,...); TextOut(...,false,...); TextOut(...,false,...); LineOut(...,false); (...) (18 years ago, 14-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: Bluetooth Comm Problem

The NXT-G firmware implementation for mailbox messaging is extremely funky. I don't think your code is working properly for this implementation. You need to be continuously calling "ReadMessage" and only check for "a message was found" error code. (...) (18 years ago, 14-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Programming for NXT

(...) Would it help to add a "Last Updated: mm/dd/yyyy" to this page? Thank you Andy (18 years ago, 13-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Bluetooth Comm Problem

(...) I was a little confused about how I was supposed to determine when the message had been received. I wasn't sure whether the ReceiveMessage should be called multiple times or not. Here is my code: // Connection = 1, Queue = 0 (...) (18 years ago, 13-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.16

(...) Agreed, even if you select NXT target BricxCC insists to use .nqc as default extension. Misleading at best... Philo (18 years ago, 13-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: Bluetooth Comm Problem

(...) A visual review looks like everything is appropriate. The only thing I can think of is whether, on the NXT, you are calling "ReadMessage" more than once. You should have a loop that runs for at least 50 (or better yet 150) milliseconds. (...) (18 years ago, 13-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Bluetooth Comm Problem

I have been trying to communicate via BT from a Perl script on my PC to/from the NXT. I am not using Fantom. I have no problem receiving data from the NXT, but the NXT does not appear to be receiving the messages I send. I am capturing the serial (...) (18 years ago, 13-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.16

It worked. The key was to save a file with .nxc extension... Thanks, Patrick "John Hansen" <afanofosc@comcast.net> escreveu na mensagem news:JDCzqy.MxL@lugnet.com... (...) (18 years ago, 12-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXC/NBC release news

I released beta 26 last night/this morning. It is primarily a bug fix release. If you want to use the new features in beta 25 you definitely should upgrade to beta 26 due to the problems that exist in the previous beta release. - Fixes an array (...) (18 years ago, 12-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.16

(...) If the Download button is enabled (the hot key is F6 and the button looks like a blue triangle point down) then when you click on that button your current NXC program is downloaded to the NXT unless some error message indicates otherwise. The (...) (18 years ago, 12-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: BricxCC release 3.3.7.16

Just a question: (I am sure everybody knows the answer...) How do i upload a NXC code to NXT? Obviously is not throught the RCX "Program" combo (And it is disabled when conecting to NXT), but the upload icon command seems to do nothing (nor even a (...) (18 years ago, 12-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Advice on NXT demonstration Project

Thanks Brian! If the people at this meeting will enjoy this demonstration as cool as my kids did, It will be a major success! And JennToo is amazing! He is simple, cool design, have personality and it is very flexible. If I get some time until (...) (18 years ago, 10-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Advice on NXT demonstration Project

"Brian Davis" <brdavis@iusb.edu> escreveu na mensagem news:JD4JyL.9zA@lugnet.com... (...) Brian, JennToo has a very interesting behaviour in the nest program. (I saw the movie). Is it ask to much for the NXTG code? I did not find it anywhere... (...) (18 years ago, 10-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT parts for MLcad 54087 or 56145

Hi all, (...) I checked the size with a 44292 wheel. It's exactly the same. I also checked on Peeron site, the two parts seem to be the same. (URL) Klein A Mindstorms fan. (18 years ago, 9-Feb-07, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  BricxCC release 3.3.7.16

I have released today a new official BricxCC release (3.3.7.16) which includes NBC/NXC 1.0.1 b25. BricxCC has updated syntax highlighting for NXC and NBC. It also has a number of minor fixes. In particular, the code explorer and procedure list tools (...) (18 years ago, 9-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXC/NBC release news

I have posted sourcecode and the win32 build of beta 25 for NBC/NXC. The Linux and Mac OSX binaries will be available later today. February 8, 2007 - NBC 1.0.1.b25 beta is available. - Fixes a string whitespace bug introduced in b22 - Fixes a (...) (18 years ago, 9-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Advice on NXT demonstration Project

(...) Not being an expert by far myself, I have made several demonstrations locally in my area. I built what the instructions lead you though that come with the set. It took only a few hours the first time and I had a robot that exhibited all of the (...) (18 years ago, 8-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Advice on NXT demonstration Project

(...) In five days, you need something really simple that you understand. Something like Tribot, but make it clear that you know what it's doing. Another really small, *extremely* simple chassis is JennToo* (and a remote control for it as well, if (...) (18 years ago, 8-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact