 Robotics / NXT / 451 (-10)
  4Bit Digital Controller with LEGO NXT Visual Display

Hi LEGO NXT enthusiasts, I've just posted a Reference Design on my blog (URL) showing how to build a Digital Controller with a twist. I'm using the LEGO NXT as a visual indicator. It's a remix based on providing output status for digital circuits. (...) (18 years ago, 2-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXC Documentation & Samples

A Not eXactly Complete (NXC) version of the NXC Guide is now available on a new NXC Docs page. It is based on the original NQC Guide written by Dave Baum and John Hansen. (URL) portions of the document describe compiler features which have not yet (...) (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Spawning threads in NBC

(...) Just to clarify, NXT-G doesn't have a thread scheduler. NXT-G is a just a graphical programming language, not a firmware or a virtual machine. The standard NXT firwmare implements a virtual machine which has a thread scheduler. The name of the (...) (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Spawning threads in NBC

(...) I'm sure someone with some firmware knowledge will have a better answer for this, but my belief is that there are no smarts in the firmware for swapping threads during a wait - i.e. I bet it uses a full timeslice. I have done some BT logging (...) (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: Spawning threads in NBC

I don't know how the NXT-G thread/task scheduler works. Just wondering if anyone has any idea on the impact on execution performance when multiple threads are running? And how often threads are scheduled? For example, if you have a "main" thread (...) (18 years ago, 31-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Spawning threads in NBC

(...) I stop a thread the manual way: #define STOP_OTHER_THREAD() \ set bOtherThreadEnable, FALSE dseg segment bOtherThreadEnable byte TRUE ends thread main start OtherThread // John's great invention //... STOP_OTHER_THREAD() // ... endt thread (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Spawning threads in NBC

(...) I'm trying to leave you alone John, but I haven't been too successful :). (18 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: WIP - Red Quad

Hello Eric! (...) The legs show a high flexiblity! Great! Why are there wheels on the feets? Are there wheels so that they feets legs do not slipping away? I think a time abot the Mindstorms NXT and I think about how to use this in a Mecha. Nice to (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  NBC and NXC API macro testing (bluetooth-related)

If you have 2 NXTs lying around and you are moderately interested in testing some potentially interesting new NBC and NXC API macros then I would definitely be interested in hearing from you via email. I have written a few additions to the NXTDefs.h (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: WIP - Red Quad

(...) Ah-ha! That explains my strange building habits lately. Hopefully the merger will mean I'll get an equal portion of the extensive Sophie part collection. I mean, if you doesn't know where he got it, you won't miss it right? -a (18 years ago, 30-Jan-07, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact